Medical Staff Development
When was the last time your hospital undertook a Medical Staff Development Plan?
Maintaining a viable and contributing medical staff has always been crucial to the viability of hospitals and healthcare systems. Today, more than ever, having the right number of doctors and right kinds of doctors in the right places providing the right kinds of services is critical to realizing return on product line initiatives; accruing market share; maintaining a positive bottom line.
Practical Healthcare Solutions consulting staff has provided manpower plans for the past 15 years, around the country. With less emphasis on composition planning and more attention to business development agendas, Practical Healthcare Solutions' Medical Staff Development Planning process will give you an understanding of issues such as but not limited to:
- Who really is on your staff
- What your doctors are doing at your hospital-and at your competitors'
- What specialties are at risk because of aging physicians with no "heirs" to the practice
- How your staff should be tailored to help your hospital meet and benefit from projected disease states and population trends in your primary and secondary markets
- Whether the capacity of your active staff practices is adequate to serve growing demand
- Whether your physicians are located in geographic areas where opportunities are present
- Who is capturing patients in your market and taking them away for ambulatory surgery?
PHS can provide a comprehensive plan or one that is product-line(s) focused. Both result in taking action that will impact your market share and enhance revenue generation for your hospital.